HUGS Board of Director Elections and Staff Promotion | Community Spirit
The following information is provided by Stryker Weiner & Yokotoa Public Relations:
HUGS (Help, Understanding & Group Support) has elected Bill Tobin and JoAnn Lumsden to its Board of Directors. With their elections, HUGS' Board of Directors now totals 24 business and community leaders at the statewide family services organizations.
Tobin is Owner and Managing Partner of award-winning Tiki's Grill & Bar in Waikiki and became acquainted with HUGS while serving as a Loaned Executive with Aloha Untied Way. He joins HUGS' PR & Marketing Committee. Lumsden is a consultant and former Vice President-Finance and Chief Financial Officer of Aloha United Way. She will serve on HUGS' Programs Committee and looks forward to supporting the organization's growth plans.
HUGS also recently promoted Jade Guess from Fund Development Associate to Special Projects Officer. Guess, a Hawaii Pacific University graduate, joined HUGS in 2008 and will work in the areas of resource development, marketing and special projects management.
HUGS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides services to families in the state of Hawaii with children ages birth to 21 diagnosed with serious, chronic illnesses. Celebrating its 30th anniversary, HUGS strives to help families preserve their quality of life through programs that address the emotional, social, physical and financial needs of families it serves.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kailua residents of burglarized home go online to fight a rise in crime
- Keolu Drive in Kailua reopened after car crashes into hydrant
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- LED KAAPANA and MIKE KAAWA OPEN 2013 Kailua Full Moon Concert Series
- Fireworks a go for annual 4th of July show in Kailua
- See Award-winning Landscape Architectural Designer's Exhibit at Manoa Library through July 31
- HUGS Sib-Camp provides fun emotional outlet for the “forgotten ones”
- Pacific Allied Products earns world's highest quality management certification
- Units in newest Kakaako condo up for sale
- 16-year old local boy survives thanks to blood donors