East Honolulu sustainable communities plan workshop set | Community Spirit
The following information is provided by the City & County of Honolulu:
(Tue., September 11, 2012) — The Department of Planning and Permitting (DPP) has scheduled a workshop to report on preliminary findings and gather more input from the community on the East Honolulu Sustainable Communities Plan.
The workshop will be held on Wednesday, September 19, 2012, at the Niu Valley Middle School Cafeteria. Registration begins at 6:30 p.m. and the formal program is set for 7-9:30 p.m.
Based on the results of this review process, DPP will recommend changes to the Plan for the City Council to consider and suggest actions that the Council might take to improve implementation of the Plan's vision and policies. The East Honolulu Sustainable Communities Plan, which was adopted in 1999, is one of eight community-oriented plans intended to help guide public policy, investment, and decision-making for the City and County of Honolulu.
A report of the preliminary findings from the Review will be provided at the workshop and is available on the DPP website at http://dev.honoluludpp.org/.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Micheal Crews Joins Graham Builders as Project Manager
- Harold K.L. Castle Foundation's Popular ‘I Love Hula In Kailua’ Series Continues On August 10
- Experience a Balloon Monsoon at Kailua Library on July 12
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Elderly woman killed in Kailua pedestrian accident
- Windward Mall Invites Local Non-Profits to Participate in 10th Annual Festival of Giving
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable