East Honolulu sustainable communities plan workshop set | Community Spirit
The following information is provided by the City & County of Honolulu:
(Tue., September 11, 2012) — The Department of Planning and Permitting (DPP) has scheduled a workshop to report on preliminary findings and gather more input from the community on the East Honolulu Sustainable Communities Plan.
The workshop will be held on Wednesday, September 19, 2012, at the Niu Valley Middle School Cafeteria. Registration begins at 6:30 p.m. and the formal program is set for 7-9:30 p.m.
Based on the results of this review process, DPP will recommend changes to the Plan for the City Council to consider and suggest actions that the Council might take to improve implementation of the Plan's vision and policies. The East Honolulu Sustainable Communities Plan, which was adopted in 1999, is one of eight community-oriented plans intended to help guide public policy, investment, and decision-making for the City and County of Honolulu.
A report of the preliminary findings from the Review will be provided at the workshop and is available on the DPP website at http://dev.honoluludpp.org/.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kailua residents of burglarized home go online to fight a rise in crime
- Keolu Drive in Kailua reopened after car crashes into hydrant
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- LED KAAPANA and MIKE KAAWA OPEN 2013 Kailua Full Moon Concert Series
- Fireworks a go for annual 4th of July show in Kailua
- See Award-winning Landscape Architectural Designer's Exhibit at Manoa Library through July 31
- HUGS Sib-Camp provides fun emotional outlet for the “forgotten ones”
- Pacific Allied Products earns world's highest quality management certification
- Units in newest Kakaako condo up for sale
- 16-year old local boy survives thanks to blood donors