East Honolulu sustainable communities plan workshop set | Community Spirit
The following information is provided by the City & County of Honolulu:
(Tue., September 11, 2012) — The Department of Planning and Permitting (DPP) has scheduled a workshop to report on preliminary findings and gather more input from the community on the East Honolulu Sustainable Communities Plan.
The workshop will be held on Wednesday, September 19, 2012, at the Niu Valley Middle School Cafeteria. Registration begins at 6:30 p.m. and the formal program is set for 7-9:30 p.m.
Based on the results of this review process, DPP will recommend changes to the Plan for the City Council to consider and suggest actions that the Council might take to improve implementation of the Plan's vision and policies. The East Honolulu Sustainable Communities Plan, which was adopted in 1999, is one of eight community-oriented plans intended to help guide public policy, investment, and decision-making for the City and County of Honolulu.
A report of the preliminary findings from the Review will be provided at the workshop and is available on the DPP website at http://dev.honoluludpp.org/.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Prevent Child Abuse Hawaii Invites Community to Share a Bear at Windward Mall
- Kaneohe Library Offers Free April Storytimes and Screening of "Frozen"
- Kaiser Permanente Offers Hearing Health Seminar at Koolau Medical Office
- Windward Mall Springs Forward with April Events
- How Mark Towill raised $20M for a boat race
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant
- Manoa Library Celebrates Earth Day with Free Events in April
- "Experience Easter" Event at Manoa Valley Church on April 20
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for March 2014
- RevoluSun walks the talk of sustainability with the Earth Day challenge