Waialae-Kahala post office to be renamed in dedication ceremony | Community Spirit
An east Oahu post office is about to get a new name.
On Friday, the United States Postal Service will designate the Waialae-Kahala station as the new Cecil Heftel Post Office.
Last summer, Congresswoman Colleen Hanabusa introduced a resolution to help get the facility renamed. President Obama signed the measure last November.
Cecil Heftel's widow, Rebecca, is expected to attend Friday's ceremony.
Heftel was a radio and television pioneer. He also spent 10 years in Congress representing District 1, which includes Kahala.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Republic of Korea Government Donates $45,000 of Korean eBooks to Hawaii's Public Libraries
- The Republic of Korean Government Donates $45,000 of Korean eBooks to HSPLS
- Mid Pacific Institute Sixth Graders Raising Funds to Help Typhoon Haiyan Victims
- Hawaiian Telcom Celebrates Total Entertainment Kiosk Grand Opening
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Raises $3,000 and Restores Land During its Annual “Zip for the Trees” Event