Waialae-Kahala post office to be renamed in dedication ceremony | Community Spirit
An east Oahu post office is about to get a new name.
On Friday, the United States Postal Service will designate the Waialae-Kahala station as the new Cecil Heftel Post Office.
Last summer, Congresswoman Colleen Hanabusa introduced a resolution to help get the facility renamed. President Obama signed the measure last November.
Cecil Heftel's widow, Rebecca, is expected to attend Friday's ceremony.
Heftel was a radio and television pioneer. He also spent 10 years in Congress representing District 1, which includes Kahala.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Harold K.L. Castle Foundation's Popular ‘I Love Hula In Kailua’ Series Continues On August 10
- Experience a Balloon Monsoon at Kailua Library on July 12
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Elderly woman killed in Kailua pedestrian accident
- Police: Homeless man tried to smother good samaritan in her sleep
- Windward Mall Invites Local Non-Profits to Participate in 10th Annual Festival of Giving
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable