Waialae-Kahala post office to be renamed in dedication ceremony | Community Spirit
An east Oahu post office is about to get a new name.
On Friday, the United States Postal Service will designate the Waialae-Kahala station as the new Cecil Heftel Post Office.
Last summer, Congresswoman Colleen Hanabusa introduced a resolution to help get the facility renamed. President Obama signed the measure last November.
Cecil Heftel's widow, Rebecca, is expected to attend Friday's ceremony.
Heftel was a radio and television pioneer. He also spent 10 years in Congress representing District 1, which includes Kahala.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Graham Builders Promotes James Jonah to Project Manager
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for June 2014
- CBP Promotes Richelle Abiang to Marketing Manager and Charity Shaffer to Digital Marketing Manager
- Oahu's Luxury Home Sales Climb 33 Percent During First Six Months of 2014