Waialae-Kahala post office to be renamed in dedication ceremony | Community Spirit
An east Oahu post office is about to get a new name.
On Friday, the United States Postal Service will designate the Waialae-Kahala station as the new Cecil Heftel Post Office.
Last summer, Congresswoman Colleen Hanabusa introduced a resolution to help get the facility renamed. President Obama signed the measure last November.
Cecil Heftel's widow, Rebecca, is expected to attend Friday's ceremony.
Heftel was a radio and television pioneer. He also spent 10 years in Congress representing District 1, which includes Kahala.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Portion of California Ave. closed due to fallen tree
- Portions of Kailua Beach Park to close for sand replenishment
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Closes on Oahu's Highest Home Sale of 2014
- Learn More About Navigating Through New Solar Rules at a Free Solar Open House in Kailua
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia