Waialae-Kahala post office to be renamed in dedication ceremony | Community Spirit
An east Oahu post office is about to get a new name.
On Friday, the United States Postal Service will designate the Waialae-Kahala station as the new Cecil Heftel Post Office.
Last summer, Congresswoman Colleen Hanabusa introduced a resolution to help get the facility renamed. President Obama signed the measure last November.
Cecil Heftel's widow, Rebecca, is expected to attend Friday's ceremony.
Heftel was a radio and television pioneer. He also spent 10 years in Congress representing District 1, which includes Kahala.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kaneohe Library Offers Free April Storytimes and Screening of "Frozen"
- Kaiser Permanente Offers Hearing Health Seminar at Koolau Medical Office
- Windward Mall Springs Forward with April Events
- How Mark Towill raised $20M for a boat race
- Ramen Man-Ichi Noodles First U.S. Standalone Store at Windward Mall Food Court
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant
- Manoa Library Celebrates Earth Day with Free Events in April
- "Experience Easter" Event at Manoa Valley Church on April 20
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for March 2014
- RevoluSun walks the talk of sustainability with the Earth Day challenge