'Michelle Wie & Friends' Clinic at Waialae Country Club | Events
The following information is provided by the Hawaii State Junior Golf Association:
Hawaii State Junior Golf Association (HSJGA) alumni Michelle Wie and Stephanie Kono treated the members of Waialae Country Club to a special clinic on Sunday, April 15. Both players are in town for the LPGA Lotte Championship at Ko’Olina Golf Club (April 18 - 21).
Wie and Kono demonstrated lots of different golf shots and clearly showed why they belong on the LPGA Tour. Both girls also recently graduated from college – Michelle from Stanford and Stephanie from UCLA and they each shared what it was like having to juggle going to a top university and playing golf at a highly competitive level. They also talked about how the Hawaii State Junior Golf Association prepared them for their future, both in college, professional golf and life. The clinic was emceed by HSJGA Board members, Jerry King, Top 100 Golf Instructor and Greg Nichols, Director of Golf at Ko Olina Golf Club. The President of the HSJGA, Mary Bea Porter-King also spoke and addressed the vision of the HSJGA and how proud we were of Michelle and Stephanie’s accomplishments, both on and off the golf course.
The clinic was followed by a reception inside the Club that showcased young members of the HSJGA including Margaret Min, Lorens Chan, Cole Shintaku, Kyle Suppa and Millburn Ho. Junior members talked about what they have learned and how the HSJGA has improved their lives.
A special Mahalo to the Waialae Country Club Board of Directors, Kevin Carll, PGA, Head Professional and the members of Waialae Country Club for welcoming the HSJGA with open arms. And of course, Michelle Wie and Stephanie Kono!
For more information, contact the HSJGA at 808-532-0559 or email@example.com
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Prevent Child Abuse Hawaii Invites Community to Share a Bear at Windward Mall
- Kaneohe Library Offers Free April Storytimes and Screening of "Frozen"
- Kaiser Permanente Offers Hearing Health Seminar at Koolau Medical Office
- Windward Mall Springs Forward with April Events
- How Mark Towill raised $20M for a boat race
- Hawaiian Springs Water Expands into Albertsons Markets in California and the Southwest
- Hawaiian Legacy Hardwoods Honored as One of Best Environmental Businesses in World
- Alleged Kapahulu bank robber arrested
- Third Annual “BikeUHM” in tandem with UH Manoa Earth Day Festival
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant