Kahala Mall holding 'Sing!' competition | Events
Calling all singers between the ages of 9 and 18 years of age! Amateur vocalists from Hawaii will be able to submit a YouTube clip of their talent abilities to be a contestant in the Kahala Mall Sing! Competition.
After all clips are reviewed, a prestigious group of qualified judges along with Kahala Mall management, will be choosing the semi-finalists on Aug. 3 and 4, 2011 (5:30 – 7:00 pm) on the Kahaha Mall stage. From there, only 12 finalists will be chosen to perform in the finals on August 20, 2011 (2:00 – 4:00 pm) and compete for the chance to win $500.00 in cash and Kahala Mall gift certificates for first prize, $300.00 in Kahala Mall gift certificates for second prize, and $200.00 in Kahala Mall gift certificates for third prize. In addition the top three winners will receive a custom KoAloha ukulele.
Contest rules are as follows:
- The Kahala Mall Sing! Vocal Competition is open to all amateur singers only between the ages of 9 and 18.
- Each vocalist must submit a link to a minimum one-minute YouTube clip of a recent performance showcasing his or her talent. Also included in the information must be one-page, double-spaced bio describing the singer, as well as all contact information including contact name, address, phone number, and email address.
- If chosen as a semi-finalist, each vocalist must submit one (1) CD with the chosen song they wish to perform. The song shall be no longer than three (3) minutes and will be the song that they will perform in the finals. KM management has final approval on the song (for appropriate content).
- All YouTube video submissions should be emailed to: email@example.com. (No phone calls please).
- Deadline to receive submissions by is: Monday, July 25, 2011 by 5 pm HST.
The individuals who submit YouTube clips will be notified by July 29th to prepare for the Aug. 3rd and 4th semi-finals. The semi-finalists that are chosen from the Aug. 3rd and 4th competition will be in the finals on August 20th. ManoaDNA will perform day of the final competition.
WHO: KAHALA MALL - “SING!”
WHAT: VOCAL COMPETITION
WHEN: SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED JULY 1– 25, 2011
WHERE: KAHALA MALL MANAGEMENT OFFICE - ONLINE
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Harold K.L. Castle Foundation's Popular ‘I Love Hula In Kailua’ Series Continues On August 10
- Experience a Balloon Monsoon at Kailua Library on July 12
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Elderly woman killed in Kailua pedestrian accident
- Police: Homeless man tried to smother good samaritan in her sleep
- Windward Mall Invites Local Non-Profits to Participate in 10th Annual Festival of Giving
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable