Oahu rollergirls 2011 season opener this Saturday | Sports & Recreation
Two teams from the Pacific Roller Derby -- the Mischievils and the Villains -- will square off in the 2011 season opener on Saturday, Mar. 26 at the Kamiloiki Park Roller Hockey Rink in Hawaii Kai.
The match up is one of the biggest rivalries on the island and will begin at 4 p.m.
The Oahu rollergirls practice three to four times a week on the flat-track to sharpen their basic skills, practice new strategy and work on their endurance.
Training opportunities for new skaters and referees are available. Once basic skating skills are developed, aspiring rollergirls and referees will participate in a six-week boot camp to prepare them for competitive play by the Women's Flat Track Roller Derby Association (WFTDA) standards.
For more information, visit www.pacificrollerderby.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Prevent Child Abuse Hawaii Invites Community to Share a Bear at Windward Mall
- Kaneohe Library Offers Free April Storytimes and Screening of "Frozen"
- Kaiser Permanente Offers Hearing Health Seminar at Koolau Medical Office
- Windward Mall Springs Forward with April Events
- How Mark Towill raised $20M for a boat race
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Hosts Oldest-Ever Zipline Participant
- Manoa Library Celebrates Earth Day with Free Events in April
- "Experience Easter" Event at Manoa Valley Church on April 20
- Prudential Locations Recognizes Top Agent Award Winners for March 2014
- RevoluSun walks the talk of sustainability with the Earth Day challenge