Oahu rollergirls 2011 season opener this Saturday | Sports & Recreation
Two teams from the Pacific Roller Derby -- the Mischievils and the Villains -- will square off in the 2011 season opener on Saturday, Mar. 26 at the Kamiloiki Park Roller Hockey Rink in Hawaii Kai.
The match up is one of the biggest rivalries on the island and will begin at 4 p.m.
The Oahu rollergirls practice three to four times a week on the flat-track to sharpen their basic skills, practice new strategy and work on their endurance.
Training opportunities for new skaters and referees are available. Once basic skating skills are developed, aspiring rollergirls and referees will participate in a six-week boot camp to prepare them for competitive play by the Women's Flat Track Roller Derby Association (WFTDA) standards.
For more information, visit www.pacificrollerderby.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Republic of Korean Government Donates $45,000 of Korean eBooks to HSPLS
- Mid Pacific Institute Sixth Graders Raising Funds to Help Typhoon Haiyan Victims
- Hawaiian Telcom Celebrates Total Entertainment Kiosk Grand Opening
- Skyline Eco-Adventures Raises $3,000 and Restores Land During its Annual “Zip for the Trees” Event
- Republic of Korea Government Will Donate $45,000 of Korean eBooks to Hawaii's Public Libraries