Oahu rollergirls 2011 season opener this Saturday | Sports & Recreation
Two teams from the Pacific Roller Derby -- the Mischievils and the Villains -- will square off in the 2011 season opener on Saturday, Mar. 26 at the Kamiloiki Park Roller Hockey Rink in Hawaii Kai.
The match up is one of the biggest rivalries on the island and will begin at 4 p.m.
The Oahu rollergirls practice three to four times a week on the flat-track to sharpen their basic skills, practice new strategy and work on their endurance.
Training opportunities for new skaters and referees are available. Once basic skating skills are developed, aspiring rollergirls and referees will participate in a six-week boot camp to prepare them for competitive play by the Women's Flat Track Roller Derby Association (WFTDA) standards.
For more information, visit www.pacificrollerderby.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Portion of California Ave. closed due to fallen tree
- Portions of Kailua Beach Park to close for sand replenishment
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Closes on Oahu's Highest Home Sale of 2014
- Learn More About Navigating Through New Solar Rules at a Free Solar Open House in Kailua
- Spartan Race Fitness clinic challenges keiki from Boys and Girls Club
- Hawaii National Bank Earns AHA Fit-Friendly Distinction
- Ala Moana Hotel's Annual Partnership with Hawaii Foodbank Fights Hunger with Free Food
- RevoluSun Hires Nicole Lemas as Oahu Project Developer
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Experienced Agents Arashiro and Hsia