Oahu rollergirls 2011 season opener this Saturday | Sports & Recreation
Two teams from the Pacific Roller Derby -- the Mischievils and the Villains -- will square off in the 2011 season opener on Saturday, Mar. 26 at the Kamiloiki Park Roller Hockey Rink in Hawaii Kai.
The match up is one of the biggest rivalries on the island and will begin at 4 p.m.
The Oahu rollergirls practice three to four times a week on the flat-track to sharpen their basic skills, practice new strategy and work on their endurance.
Training opportunities for new skaters and referees are available. Once basic skating skills are developed, aspiring rollergirls and referees will participate in a six-week boot camp to prepare them for competitive play by the Women's Flat Track Roller Derby Association (WFTDA) standards.
For more information, visit www.pacificrollerderby.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Harold K.L. Castle Foundation's Popular ‘I Love Hula In Kailua’ Series Continues On August 10
- Experience a Balloon Monsoon at Kailua Library on July 12
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free Career Night
- Elderly woman killed in Kailua pedestrian accident
- Police: Homeless man tried to smother good samaritan in her sleep
- Windward Mall Welcomes Five New Retail and Dining Options
- Kamalapua O Koolau awarded $20K toward youth education in Windward school district
- Ka 'Ohana student newspaper excels in national competition
- Hawaii gas prices remain mostly stable
- Kaneohe Library Offers Free July Events and Screening of "Lego Movie"
- WAIKIKI AQUARIUM’S DISTINGUISHED LECTURE SERIES TO SHINE SPOTLIGHT ON THE CONTEMPORARY CHALLENGE OF
- CBP Raises More Than $44,000 for Aloha United Way's 2014 Pacesetter Campaign
- Hale Kipa receives a $100,000 grant from the Hau‘oli Mau Loa Foundation for "Paws for a Cause"
- Chris Deuchar Returns to Hale Kipa’s Board of Directors
- Graham Builders Promotes James Jonah to Project Manager